Tropical Treks walking tips:
- The less you carry, the more comfortable you'll be. Remove unnecessary packaging to reduce what you carry.
- Walk softly and stick to the trail for minimal impact on delicate vegetation and animals.
- Everything we take in must be brought back. All rubbish, including food stuffs, will be carried out.
- Enjoy the peace and be considerate to others. It is best to move quietly, speak softly, and be aware of your immediate surroundings.
- Almost half of the bird species known in Australia are found in the Noosa/Sunshine Coast region.
- All plants and animals are protected.
- Clean your walking boots and clothes before the walk to stop the spread of weeds and pathogens. New introductions can spread and displace resident species and alter the local ecology. Soil from your boots can contain weed seeds and foreign plant pathogens or fungal spores.
- Domestic animals are not permitted on any of the walks.
- No smoking on tour.
- Our guides will give a safety brief prior to all walks.
- We are walking in the Australian bush and wild animals are present. Be observant at all times.
- Never feed or play with wildlife. You may get bitten or scratched and human foods may be harmful to wild animals.
- Watch your step. Stay well back from cliff edges and waterfalls.
- Do not drink water from the creeks or waterholes.
- Sun protection: Apply sunscreen before the walk and re-apply as necessary.
- Allergies: If you suffer allergies please bring your medication.
What We Provide
- Poncho – if required
- Umbrella – if required
- Sock protectors.
- Comfortable 7-passenger vehicle.
- Accredited interpretive guide
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent
- Meals as described in each tour
- All permits
- Potable tap water if required
What to Bring
- Walking boots/joggers “broken-in".
- Day pack: Light weight and sufficient to carry water and personal items.
- Drinking water. Recommend 2 litres for full day, 1 ltre for half day.
- Light loose fitting clothing. Long sleeve shirts and light trousers are good protection.
- Light rain coat/poncho and/or light jumper if rain expected.
- Insect repellent
- Change of clothes if needed.
- Please switch mobile phones on Silent Mode.
Remember, whatever you bring you will have to carry.