Wildlife And Birdwatching
For The Avid Bird & Wildlife Enthusiasts
Steve has designed this experience for avid and curious birdwatchers, fauna and flora enthusiasts and nature photographers. It is flexible and designed to share knowledge.
The UNESCO Noosa Biosphere Reserve, a unique area where sub-tropical and temperate zones overlap, provides varied ecosystems including Mangroves, Wallum, Wet and Dry Eucalypt forests and Rainforests. 40% of Australia’s bird species are found in this area, some 304 species including Migratory wader species. Typically 50 species and more can be located in one day.
Also discover the mountain region of Conondale National Park, an important refuge for the Eastern bristlebird as well as home to 174 bird species – 14 of which are considered endangered or vulnerable. Conondale National Park is also considered a critical site for the Richmond Birdwing-butterfly.
Other fauna species include Eastern grey kangaroo, Koala, Grey-headed flying fox, Echidna, Brush-tail possum, Ring-tail possum, Platypus, Lace monitor, Red-bellied blacksnake, Carpet python.
This region of Australia's Nature Coast provides a diverse and ancient landscape rich in plant and animal species, culturally and historically significant to the Aboriginal people.
Birdwatching or Wildlife tours include some short walks and can be conducted at a pace to suit your interest and concentrate on locating as many species as possible across a variety of habitats.
- 7:00 am. pickup / 5:00 pm. return
- Fare: Adult $185 (15 y/o+)
- Maximum guests: 6
- 7:00 am. pickup / 1:00 pm. return
- Fare: Adult $125 (15 y/o+)
- Maximum guests: 6
NB: These tours are suitable for all persons 15 years and older. Charters are available for large groups or groups with children under 15 y/o which we can structure accordingly.
- White-bellied Sea Eagle
- Eastern Osprey
- Brahminy Kite
- Square-tailed Kite
- Glossy Black-cockatoo
- Yellow-tailed Black-cockatoo
- Eastern Ground Parrot
- Golden-headed Cisticola
- Scarlet Honeyeater
- Mangrove Honeyeater
- Variegated Fairy-wren
- Red-backed Fairy-wren
- Little Wattlebird
- Royal Spoonbill
- Sooty Oystercatcher
- Striated Thornbill
- Pale-headed Rosella
- Rose Robin
- Eastern Whipbird
- Bell Miner
- Short, tranquil, easy walks
- Ample time and opportunity to photograph and observe flora and fauna in their natural habitat
- Professional, experienced guide with interpretation of the birds, flora, fauna and history of the region
- Immerse in the beauty that surrounds you, leave the art of safely navigating through the bush to your guide.
- 6 – 8 locations with short works in Half-Day. 8+ locations with short walks in Full-Day
- Easy pace
- Delicious, locally sourced morning tea; packed lunch in the full day
- Small, personalised groups - min 1 max 6
- Daily departures
- Complimentary transfers from Noosa Accommodation from 7am
- Accommodations south of Coolum: Transfer meeting point at the Coolum Beach Visitor Information Centre, Tickle Park, David Low Way, Coolum Beach, at 6.30am.
FULL DAY TOUR:
Departure: 7:00am. Return: 5:00pm
Fare: Adult: $185 Includes morning tea and lunch.
HALF DAY TOUR:
Departure: 7:00pm. Return: 1:00pm
Fare: Adult: $125.00 Includes morning tea.
Transfers: Complimentary transfers from accommodation in Noosa area.
Accommodations south of Coolum: Transfer meeting point at the Coolum Beach Visitor Information Centre, Tickle Park, David Low Way, Coolum Beach, at 6.30am.
- These tours are suitable for all persons 15 years and older.
- Charters are available for large groups or groups with children under 15 y/o which we can structure accordingly.
- Private charters can be arranged. You choose the field of interest.
- Please enquire into Pensioners/Senior rates.
What to Bring
- Comfortable hard-wearing shoes recommended.
- Jacket during winter.
Ponchos, small selection of daypacks, sock protectors, potable drinking water, on-board esky.
NB: No smoking allowed on walks.