I have designed this experience for avid and curious birdwatchers, wildlife and flora enthusiasts and nature photographers to explore habitats showcasing the regions of North of Brisbane in South East Queensland. We visit Moreton Bay, Bribie Island, Pumicestone Passage, RAMSAR site of Toorbul, the rainforests of the The D'Aguilar Range, Sheepstation Creek Reserve. My expertise in animal behaviour will allow you to observe without disturbing these precious animals. If you love exploring and the outdoors, you will love this experience. No long drives to get somewhere interesting - the tour starts immediately - some wildlife will be right under our noses.
Brisbane North is a unique area where sub-tropical and temperate zones overlap, providing varied ecosystems including Mangroves, Wetlands, Wet and Dry Eucalypt forests and Rainforests. 40% of Australia’s bird species are found in this area, some 304 species including Migratory wader species. Typically 70 species and more can be located in one day.
Tour includes some short walks and can be conducted at a pace to suit your interest and concentrate on locating as many species as possible across a variety of habitats.
- Short, tranquil, easy walks
- Ample time and opportunity to photograph and observe flora and fauna in their natural habitat
- Professional, experienced guide with interpretation of the birds, flora, fauna and history of the region
- Immerse in the beauty that surrounds you, leave the art of safely navigating through the bush to your guide.
- Easy pace
- Small, personalised group
Birding - North Brisbane:
Pickup times: 7am and return 5pm approximately. Times can vary depending on group and natural factors
- AU$490: 1 - 3 guests
- AU$880: 4 - 6 guests
Includes morning tea, potable water, binoculars to share, scope, comfortable vehicle, Fridge for food and drink, chairs, table, hand sanitiser. We are a Covid19 safe business.
Note: Due to Covid19 guidelines, we suggest bringing your own lunch. Cooler will be provided.
- At least 24 hours notice for a full refund.
- Less than 24 hours prior to departure a 100% cancellation fee applies.
- If a tour is cancelled by Tropical Treks, guests will be offered a full refund or an alternative day of travel.
- Refunds will be made to the account that made payment.