Birdwatching & Wildlife Experiences
Full Day Birdwatching Tour
Steve has designed this experience for avid and curious birdwatchers, wildlife and flora enthusiasts and nature photographers to explore habitats that are off the beaten track showcasing this most wonderful wildlife region. His expertise in animal behaviour will allow you to observe without disturbing these precious animals. If you love exploring and the outdoors, you will love this experience. No long drives to get somewhere interesting - the tour starts immediately - some wildlife will be right under our noses.
The UNESCO Noosa Biosphere Reserve, a unique area where sub-tropical and temperate zones overlap, provides varied ecosystems including Mangroves, Wallum, Wet and Dry Eucalypt forests and Rainforests. 40% of Australia’s bird species are found in this area, some 304 species including Migratory wader species. Typically 50 species and more can be located in one day.
Discover the mountain region of Conondale National Park, an important refuge for the Eastern bristlebird as well as home to 174 bird species – 14 of which are considered endangered or vulnerable. Conondale National Park is also considered a critical site for the Richmond Birdwing-butterfly.
Explore wallum country, coastal dunes and sub-tropical rainforest of Rainbow Beach, an intact coastal dune habitat for the Eastern Ground Parrot, Southern Emu-wren and migratory waders, such as Eastern Curlew, Whimbrel and Bar-tailed Godwit.
Discover the RAMSAR protected wetlands of Pumicestone Passage, an East Asian/Australasian Flyway site that include the Black-tailed Godwit and Greater and Lesser Sandplovers.
Other fauna species in our region include Eastern grey kangaroo, Koala, Grey-headed flying fox, Echidna, Brush-tail possum, Ring-tail possum, Platypus, Lace monitor, Red-bellied blacksnake, Carpet python.
Also known as Australia's Nature Coast this Country provides a diverse and ancient landscape rich in plant and animal species, culturally and historically significant to the Aboriginal people.
Birdwatching & Wildlife Day Tour include some short walks and can be conducted at a pace to suit your interest and concentrate on locating as many species as possible across a variety of habitats.
- Short, tranquil, easy walks
- Ample time and opportunity to photograph and observe flora and fauna in their natural habitat
- Professional, experienced guide with interpretation of the birds, flora, fauna and history of the region
- Immerse in the beauty that surrounds you, leave the art of safely navigating through the bush to your guide.
- Easy pace
- Small, personalised group
Tour Rates and Details
Full Day Birdwatching and Wildlife Tour:
- AU$490: 1 - 3 guests
- For 4 people or more please contact me.
Includes: Return transfer in Noosa region. Professional Guide (me), 4WD vehicle, Note: Due to Covid19 guidelines, we suggest bringing your own morning tea and lunch. Cooler will be provided. Hot water, cups, tea and coffee will be provided.
- At least 24 hours notice for a full refund.
- Less than 24 hours prior to departure a 100% cancellation fee applies.
- If a tour is cancelled by Tropical Treks, guests will be offered a full refund or an alternative day of travel.
- Refunds will be made to the account that made payment.
What To Bring
- Insect repellent
- Light quick-dry clothing
- Comfortable hard-wearing shoes recommended.
- Light rain jacket
- Jacket during winter.
Ponchos, small selection of day-packs, sock protectors, potable drinking water, binoculars
NB: No smoking allowed on walks.